Friday, March 6, 2009

Self compassion

I found this really good article today while looking at FitSugar. It is about having more compassion for yourself while trying to lose weight and be healthy. I think it is definitely something that helped me because I stopped looking at a diet plan so strictly and started to give myself less guilt about messing up. I started looking at weight watchers as just the way your supposed to eat, with treats thrown in on occasion or even regularly, if I choose to do so (like at Christmas). I then try to get back to eating healthfully after a period of time. It feels good to eat good and that good feeling goes away when your not eating healthy and exercising. I am used to feeling good and I know what it feels like to feel good...and keeping that feeling around is super important to me.

No comments: