Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm back and trying to get back to normal routines

I am back and yes it was so fun and I had a great time!

However I still feel a bit off. I did not get sea sick, but I did have an allergic skin reaction to the spa facial and massage I had during the cruise. I was in the infirmary of the ship for an off day getting an IV of saline and steroids (my face blew up like a balloon). I also followed that up with 3 days of Predisone. I have been so hungry for the last 3 days....I guess this is a side effect from the Predisone, according to my boyfriend's mom who is a nurse. I am trying to cook and get back to normal with eating...but it has been a bit of a challenge.

The good news is that I weighed myself today and have only gained .4 pounds despite eating what I wanted and only exercising once on the ship..and not journaling. The treadmill on the ship was an experience....almost fell off a couple of times. I still feel like I am rocking on a ship for some reason today....especially at my computer and driving in my car. I wonder when it will stop? I googled this and found that this is actually land sickness.

I went to four destinations in the Carribean...Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Nassau. I went to Atlantis in Nassau to the water park....it was sooo fun and I am glad I was in shape to climb all the stairs for the water rides. My bf and I took lots of pictures. I am proud of myself for losing weight...but somehow I still seem to look so fat in photos, will I ever be happy with myself?

I can say I wore shorts the whole time and felt great. I wore my swimsuit sometimes all day and did not feel too self-conscious. It was just when I looked at the photo's of myself yesterday that I thought...I am still chubby, I still look fat. I still need to loose a lot more...and I am going to! I am re-motivated to get to my first goal of 175 now. I exercised this morning and will continue to get back to my routines. I had a great time and now I just want to get back to normal. I need to remember this post when I am depressed because my life is the same every day...

No comments: