Monday, February 16, 2009

Learning to know when to stop

Wow, I learned something new this weekend. I think drinking somehow makes you able to eat more or not recognize that you are full already. I had 2 glasses of wine at dinner out and I knew I was full..but not as full as I felt 2 hours later, the rest of the night and the day after. I must of ate a lot more than I thought and the wine made me not realize it. I am not trying to blame overeating on wine, but I really thought that I wasn't THAT full. I have not been that uncomfortable in a long time. Sleeping was almost impossible and I had what I think was acid reflux. I am not kidding. Just one meal was enough to make me feel ill. I guess my body isn't used to that. I think I probably should stay away from the alcohol when going out to eat next time. I love a good glass of wine on occasion, but I have to learn some kind of lesson from our Saturday meal. We were both stuffed to the gills with food and that made for an uncomfortable night. I guess our eyes are still bigger than our stomachs when we dine out. I am grateful that we cook low fat healthy meals at home, otherwise we would of been gaining the whole time we have been together. We simply eat more and go way more overboard when dining out together. I am afraid to weigh myself this week..uggh.

No comments: