Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Eating better

My back has been bothering me and the suspect is my office chair at work. It is super uncomfortable. I got the go ahead to purchase another and I want an Aeron, but I don't know if I will get it. Anyway, besides my back I am feeling pretty good today. The day is going pretty slowly and I can't believe it is only 10 a.m. I am already getting a bit hungry, but I brought the same snacks that I had yesterday. Hmm, which one should I have? I wish I would of brought some other snacks. It can get kind of boring eating the same ones all the time and I am not sure I am in the mood for peanut butter, so I will have cottage cheese and a granola bar. I have been trying to do a carb and a protein for each snack. It takes a lot more points, but it is more filling and I have more energy throughout the day. I got this idea from reading ask the dietitians blog. I also have been able to save flexpoints this way because I have cut way down on the candy and ice cream this week. I needed to make the decision to eat better and not have sweets for desert every night. I told myself I can add it back in after I get to my goal if I want too. I can also go up to the store and buy a candy bar or ice cream anytime I want.

So I feel less hungry and am filling up on better nutrient food. Let's see how this affects the scale this week. I will let you know when I weigh-in tomorrow.

No comments: