Monday, August 11, 2008

You are what you eat

I had such a great Sunday. I cleaned the entire upstairs, did all my laundry, worked out for an hour and made quesadillas for dinner. I love our new Emeril grill we got. It is a cast iron skillet that goes over your burners, making quesadillas super easy to make. I also have been making my smoothies, something I really enjoy. I am happy to get in some fruits to my diet and the smoothie is perfect for me..it tastes almost like a milkshake. The only thing I didn't do was take my doggy to dog park...only because she has been a bit naughty lately.

My mood and general well-being is at a pretty high level right now. It is so strange how cyclical my moods seem to be. I have to say since I have been doing yoga I feel much more evened out and the smoothies have helped too. I attribute some of my better eating lately to the BBC America show, "You are what you eat." It is a super good show and if I was a tv producer I would do an american version of it. The show shows how better eating can make you feel better, have more energy and a better life...the power of food is incredible.

No comments: