Monday, November 19, 2007

Survivor and Steak n' Shake

So we tivo a lot of television. We watched "Survivor:China" on Friday night. I had made dinner and was looking forward to vegging out in front of the t.v. Anyway, towards the end they had an immunity challenge and they could choose to participate or eat as many cheeseburgers as they could while watching the competitors. Those cheeseburgers looked so delicious! I was kind of hungry and all I thought was Steak n' Shake sounds so good right now. I mentioned it about 3 or 4 times to my boyfriend and he seemed up for the idea, until he reminded me that he has a cholesterol/triglyceride test on Nov. 21st. He didn't have the greatest numbers last time. Anyway it was like torture for me not to go to Steak n' Shake at 11 p.m. at night. I usually do not deal with cravings like this. I had a lot of trouble and went for choc. milk instead so that my stomach would not growl uncontrollably for Steak n' Shake all night. Needless to say that was all I thought about when we went to bed until I fell asleep.

The next morning all I thought was Steak n' Shake. This was trouble. I almost went to get a kids meal but decided to look up the nutritional information on their web site. I did not have flexpoints left because I ate them all almost on my b-day at San Chez. So when I saw the points value on their web site that kind of made my decision for me. I made the decision to go to the store and buy some lf ground beef and 1 pt. buns. I also cut up potatoes and made my own fries. After 2 homemade cheeseburgers and fries I was finally full! Yumm...my boyfriend is really good at making burgers. I was a little doubtfounded that I couldn't eat much more for the rest of the day, but at least I didn't eat more points than I get in a day at Steak n' Shake. Weird thing is that I was not that hungry for dinner and had zero point soup and oyster crackers for it. I also worked out for an hour. Wow that was such a hard thing to get though! Cravings can be sooo hard to control. I could feel something like this coming on this week. I really wonder why this happens?

No comments: