Friday, October 3, 2008

Caffeine and Sugar

It was a dark and dreary day yesterday. I also did not sleep very well on Wednesday night and yesterday I was tired and cranky the entire day. I feel much better today, but I left work on Thursday feeling quite miserable and wanting a pb cup flurry more than anything. So I got one while it was raining and the wind was blowing at me (I can't believe ice cream shops are still open). It is a good thing, because I think if I couldn't of gotten that, that I would have gotten one of those giant chocolate bars at the grocery store (more calories, since I got kiddie size flurry). So I think stress and lack of sleep caused that sugar fest. I was well aware that I was trying to jack my serotonin levels up by eating that. It worked quite well, but gave me a bit of a stomach ache for the rest of the night. I guess I wonder why caffeine and sugar have such an effect on me?

So the reason I could not sleep on Wednesday was, I think because I had 2 lattes that day. I had a venti w/ an extra shot and another grande. I think the caffeine was overloading my system. Another reaction to caffeine/sugar. I sometimes think it would be quite nice to not be so sensitive to everything....and my sugar highs feel like real highs. I guess it is better than drugs and alcohol, but it sure doesn't help me to loose weight. My goal is to only do one latte a day in the morning and keep away from so much sugar.

No comments: