Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The body does what it wants to do...

I was watching Biggest Loser last night and I remembered the words of Jillian, she said "The body does what it wants to do". I think that is so true. I was sick last week and watched the scale go all kinds of crazy the entire week. I ended up losing only .4 pds this week, even without eating about 10 of my 35 flex points. This is the first week I have not ate them all or made my 24 points a day. The ones I did eat where from Sunday to Tuesday. So strange. I am convinced that my body likes exercise and eating them so much it was in shock when I didn't.

I think being sick was a little bit of a setback for me in my weight loss journey. I would like to be 180 by March, but I won't be too sad if I don't make it. I have come so far already, I am proud of myself. I always keep in mind that this is a lifetime of healthy eating and exercise and I want to just continue to get healthier. The weight loss is great, and I wish I could lose it faster and all that..but I am getting better everyday and not worse...so I can appreciate that.

In watching the Biggest Loser last night I kind of came to a realization that overweight people are really emotional. That was a really emotional episode and kind of hard to watch (thank god for tivo). Maybe this reason is why people get bigger..maybe they have too much emotion and need the padding to protect their fragility. I don't know...I could just be assuming things. I know I don't feel as emotional as I was when I was heavier and things don't seem to bother me as much.

It is a fact for me that it is so easy to get caught up with my weight and to put all my energy and focus on it. I think it should be much more of an afterthought in my life than it is. I will be glad once I have conquered my weight problem and made eating healthy, exercise and weights just a part of my life. I am getting there...and I feel more recovered every day I continue. I have heard that people usually have setbacks once they think they have mastered their weight problem or any other problem for that matter. I expect setbacks, but hope for a nice stable future with some little up and down waves. If you have read "The Art of Happiness" from the Dali Lama, you know what I am talking about.

No comments: