Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Fitness is not a destination, it's a journey

This quote is the quote from the back of the Baked Lays bag. I was eating out of the bag (yeah, I know not to do this!) yesterday and read it. Even though it is on a chip bag, I found it inspirational. I think it is a good thing to keep in mind when you get discouraged about weight loss and the goals you set for yourself.

I have been at 189/190 for the last month and it has been a bit discouraging, but I know this is a journey to better fitness and health and is not about what weight I am at. I am getting better everyday. I heard some trainer say before..you are either getting better or getting worse. I am getting better, and that is all that matters. I am back to 189.2 this week and hope to continue into the 80's. Christmas was a nice break from routine, but I still need to make being healthy my goal.

I wanted to loose weight and get to my goal weight before my cruise that is about 8 to 9 weeks away. I no longer care about getting to goal, but just continuing to get healthy. I feel good even at 189 or 190, but losing more would be great! If I get to 180 or 185 before the cruise I am fine with that. I will have fun either way!

No comments: