Thursday, January 17, 2008

Donuts are calling my name..and I already feel guilty

Should I do it? Should I eat it? There are donuts in the hall across from my office. It is 10 a.m. and I am starting to get hungry. I just had a donut on the weekend, so I have been resisting. Why is this so hard to pass up and why am I thinking about it?

Anyway, I have been feeling particularly good for the last 2 days. Does sickness all of a sudden make you feel like your 18 again? My stomach actually feels good too for the first time in a long time. That makes me not want to eat the donut. What if it messes up my perfectly good feeling stomach? This is something I never considered before..usually I would eat it, feel bad and just shrug my shoulders saying "Oh well" to myself.

I bought new shoes yesterday and they are so comfty they make me want to walk more. I splurged and bought some Ecco brand shoes. They were needed because my old shoes were 2 years old, they were worn out. I also was getting some foot soreness from them. I also told myself I bought them for a reward for almost losing 20 pounds. I still felt guilty buying them for some reason...but I have been looking for new shoes since before Christmas and could not find any I liked until yesterday. It is justified, no more feeling guilty. I don't know why I do that to myself. I just need to enjoy it. And if I eat the donut, I need to enjoy that too.

No comments: