Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Foot don't go on me now...

I realized this week how much food gives you energy. Eating extra made me want to excercise more. I excercised every day this week and did a fast 3 mile jog/walk on Sunday. That is when the foot started hurting. And last night it reared its ugly head on the treadmill.

If you read my previous posts I mentioned that I had a very painful cyst in my left foot. I got a cortisone shot in the area and that took care of it for almost a full year now. I got the shot before my last vacation, last year in March. It changed my life because it took away the pain and allowed me to excercise normally again. This was a huge thing for me because it allowed me to get back on my healthy lifestyle plan again.

So last night I stepped on the treadmill (knowing that area was tender). I could hardly walk on my left upper foot and ended up forcing myself to do 15 minutes walking at 3.5 mph. This is slow for me, I usually walk at 4 to 4.5 and jog at 5.5 to 6. I was upset that I could not do my usual.

I am definitely taking the day off from excercising today. I have a foot doctor appointment (luckily) at 2:30 p.m. today. I wonder if I will have to get another cortisone shot? These shots are painful. So painful that I cry when I get them. But if it takes the pain away for another year it is worth it. I also think I need to buy new running shoes...but I will see...if I get a cortisone shot, I won't be able to feel if the shoe is comfty enough. It numbs your whole upper foot. Maybe I can go before? Hmmm....

I just hope things are better with the foot thing after today. It is not nearly as bad as it was before, so I think the foot doct. may not want to do the cortisone shot. But who knows...we shall see.

No comments: