Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Overdo

So yesterday was Monday as you are all probably aware of, and it was not a good day for me. I did not feel good the entire day. I had this strange stomach cramp and then I almost fell asleep at my desk at 2 p.m. That never happens..I was tired and hot..which the hot part is weird, I am usually cold (and it is 60 degrees out). I left work at 3 p.m. to go home and rest. I got home and had the worst headache ever, but still decided to cook dinner for the bf.

After dinner I thought I would relax for a while then try to work out. That never happened. I was sore from pushing myself with my workouts on the weekend. I relaxed all night then went to bed at 9:30 p.m. That is kind of early for me, but I was able to get up at 6 a.m. this morning and workout. We also carpooled for the first day and it was nice to have time to talk to each other in the morning.

I feel optimistic that I will be losing some weight this week. I really pushed myself and I think that made a positive impact on my weight. All the plateau articles I read say to up the intensity of your workouts. This helps you to push through the plateau. I think it worked. I am not trying to loose because I am still in my maintenance period, but it is nice if I just happen to.

I can see how you could get burned out fast by pushing yourself to often. I think perhaps 2 of my 5 or 6 workouts a week should be pushed, the others could be more moderately paced. I only think this because I get so sore that I do not want to work out at all, kind of like I don't know....yesterday.

No comments: