Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I totally deserve it

I gained .8 this week, and I totally deserve it. I snacked and snacked on Saturday and Sunday after having eaten all my flex points from Wednesday to Friday. The weight gains don't always make a whole lot of sense to me, but this one does.

Once again, I will mention that I was moving and feeling anxiety about it. I had to say my final goodbyes to my former home and life, in a way. Not that it is an excuse, but sometimes life takes you away from your regular routines and that has an effect on your weight loss goals. I also did not exercise for 4 days in a row last week, that is the longest I have gone without exercise since my vacation. I will get back on track this week though.

I finally did finish the book I was reading, see post. I have to say I like the concept, but a lot of the information is a repeat of all the other articles I have read on health. It is a good book for people who don't know the basics on nutrition and health. I would recommend it for them. For me, it was a little boring after the first couple of chapters...because I wasn't reading any new information. The thing I like about the book is that it tells you it's okay to take weight loss slow and to make the appropriate lifestyle changes needed to keep it off...only if it is 10% of your weight. I think that is a great thing to put in my head. Baby steps are the way to go. Weight watchers actually makes 10% weight loss the goal for people, when I lost 10% I got the key chain. I am still proud of that, but at the time I didn't think it was that big of a deal....let me tell you, I do now.

No comments: