Monday, May 12, 2008

Sunday struggle

It's Monday and I am pretty proud of myself for actually getting up and working out last night. I don't really know what came over me yesterday. I slept until 12:30 p.m., then felt tired all day long. I could hardly get up and do anything. I really needed to work out because I took 2 days off in a row..kind of. I moved the friend that bought my house out of his apartment up 3 flights of stairs, so that is kind of considered exercise for Saturday. Perhaps that is why I was so tired.

I wanted to work out so badly and did not have the energy, so what did I do? I went and got a latte from Starbucks a half an hour before I was going to work out. I actually got a great hour workout in...I guess I should do that if I am feeling like I have no energy. It really worked.

There are so many times when I think I can't continue to work out, but I always end up getting up and doing it. That is a feat in and of itself. It is really important for me to exercise to keep my weight down. I also need to thank my Birkenstocks for making my feet feel great, so that I continue exercising. They are not the cutest, but they really are worth the money and are a great sandal. And doesn't everyone have a little bit of hippie in them?

No comments: