Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tired but chugging along...

I worked out this morning and carpooled and made my own latte. Wow. These are things I find hard to do in the morning. I got up at 6 a.m. which I never thought I could do. I have always been a late sleeper and found it hard to get up in the morning. For a while there I was getting to work at 9 a.m. because I was so lazy in the morning. This really amazes me and makes me wonder how I am doing it? I have to admit that I only carpooled twice this week and the other time on Tuesday was horrendous on the way home. The traffic was so horrible and I was hungry and cranky..I thought I cannot do this! We shall see how it is today. I bought an extra snack to eat right before I leave the office. I must be prepared for change.

I am super tired right now though. I hope to wake up soon because I have a long day ahead of me. I am currently in withdrawal from Starbucks. I did have one yesterday though. But I swear that Starbucks has double the caffeine than the beans you buy in bulk. When I make my own lattes they don't give me nearly the jolt that the Starbucks lattes do. I only put one shot in and the Starbucks one has two..so that could be it. My cups are too small to fit more, unfortunately.

A couple of years ago I bought my own espresso machine to save myself money. I also thought I was going to Starbucks too much. I lived in my house then and did not have any extra money..so if I wanted a latte it was the only choice. I do have more extra money now living with the bf, and because of that...let my latte habit go wild. I am proud that I am trying to reign it back in. It is more economical to make your own and I need to pay off my credit card. Having a balance stresses me out and gives me anxiety. I want the piece of mind that comes along with having no credit card debt.

So how does all this affect my healthy lifestyle change? It is all related. I think any extra stress or change in routine or money problems I have make me want to eat/snack more. When I think of debt, I think I want it all to go away with a candy bar, which doesn't help. But if I don't have debt...then maybe I will have that little bit less amount of stress to help me not get the candy bar once in a while.

No comments: