Friday, June 13, 2008

2 Days of Sugar Fantastico

Yes, I had another day yesterday of sugar binging. I have now had my fill of sugar, I think. We had our monthly birthday celebration at work and I went a bit too far.
I had to make brownies for it and they were delicious..but not a lot of people ate them, so I got to bring them home. After dinner I downed many after having ice cream cake and a large cookie at the party.

I have to say that I blame my sugar episodes on anxiety. I get anxiety about any changes in my life or just because my brain thinks up a reason to get anxiety. It is really strange, my heart starts racing and beating loudly and I get all shaky and hot. I do not take anything for this because it happens so infrequently. I am not a believer of pills if you don't suffer all the time from something.

Anyway, I felt really bad after having all that sugar and I really want to eat healthy today. I think once you feel good and know what feeling good is like...you want to keep feeling that way. Exercise and eating healthy does that for me. I kind of figured out today that when I did eat massive amounts of sweets it was not only because of anxiety, but it was just something I did. It was entertaining...or a routine I got myself into.

I hope I can get back on track this week and continue to try to get back to my maintenance weight and keep it there for another 3 weeks. Then I want to get back to losing weight again. My 3 months will be up for maintaining, which was inspired by this book.

I am not in a hurry to lose the weight I want to loose. I want to take my time and get to my goal without having to starve myself and give up everything I like to eat. That is just not sustainable for me. I have to say I feel more confident than ever and hope to keep gaining confidence as I loose weight safely and healthfully.

I was watching the show "Work Out" on Bravo the other day and Jackie said something along the lines of "you exercise to feel good, and after you feel better you start looking better" or something like that. I guess that is the goal.

No comments: