Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yesterday was rough

I am hoping today is not like yesterday with my eating impulses...even though I could not get to sleep last night. For lunch yesterday, I had the bf's car and went out to lunch to Jimmy Johns. I also stopped at a gas station for a diet Pepsi and twizzlers. I had a huge craving for it. Anyway I wasn't hungry after eating all that until dinner. I made quesadilla's, which were really good..but I didn't have any dessert in the house. So what did I do? I went to the grocery store and bought some candy. I bought Gharadelli caramel square (candy bar size), which is 4 points. I wanted it so bad I ate it in the parking lot. While I was driving home I had some weird eating impulses that I haven't had in a long time.

I wanted to break open the 100 calorie pack candy and eat every single one....and then I passed the local ice cream shop...boy I could go for a huge peanut butter cup flurry..all these thoughts of food in my head and being tired..chocolate. This really was a bad thing....and I resisted with a little help from the 12 pack of diet Pepsi I bought at the grocery store. As soon as I got home I got a glass with ice and downed the diet Pepsi. I then pushed myself to get on the treadmill. I did my 30 minute routine without many problems....but here is the thing, caffeine.

I gave up drinking caffeine in my sodas and have been drinking diet rite and diet 7-up only for years. I get caffeine from my morning lattes only. I have been drinking diet Pepsi a lot lately. I just don't think the caffeine kick is very good for me to get into the habit of drinking again. It was hard to wean myself off of it.

Anyway, I am allowing myself this pack and that is it. I have to quit the habit cold turkey and go back to caffeine free..but it does help me stick to things. Would the sun ever like to come out this week? I think I have seen more sun in the winter.

No comments: