Thursday, September 18, 2008

Crazy HFCS

The bf pointed out some commercials to me the other day on High Fructose Corn Syrup, and I have to say I laughed out loud about them. In one of the spots they have a thinner than average woman giving her husband a Popsicle (like a drug pusher, jk). He asks her "are you trying to kill me"? So anyway, it turns out the Corn Association is doing an ad campaign for HFCS because they think it is getting a bad wrap. After I got the idea to post an article on this, I saw some stuff about it on Fit Sugar. The article talks about all kind of things and links to the ads. Anyway, I have always tried to stay away from it...but it is hard to. It seems to be in a lot of products. Bottom line is, it is not good for you...and most people probably eat it already in moderation....so why do they need to do an ad campaign about it? I really don't know, because America needs to eat better period and doing this ad does not do anything to help the obesity epidemic in America. We need to eat more nutritious foods. Now where are the ads for the Fruit & Veg. Association?

No comments: