Thursday, September 11, 2008

I want this to be more fun...

I have to say I have been moderating comments lately, only because I got advertisements on some and I am anti-advertisements...especially for crap diet products. Anyway, did you know that Smart Water has 50.7 oz bottles? I bought one today and already drank it. I like it. It is nice having a big water bottle. I try to drink 2 liters a day and this is 1.5 liters.

Anyway, last night I was getting a little down on myself for my weight loss efforts. The bf was bragging that he is a healthy BMI and nothing says he is fat. Anyway, that is not the case for me...and I want to be able to brag something like that to..but unfortunately I can't. I don't know mentally what is stopping me. I know what I need to do to get more weight off, but I just don't do it. I guess knowing that you have to do something is just not enough. I think I need more motivation. I am going to try to just be more "active", even if that means doing more low impact activities. I think on my treadmill-free days that I should take my dog to the park or for a walk around the block. I plan on doing this tonight when I get home..or I could just work out in the mornings again. I hope I can start doing that also. I have been just too tired to workout at night lately and I have to force myself. Forcing myself is just not fun..and makes me hate the whole act of exercising. I need to find some solutions.

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Yeah, sometimes exercise just doesn't sound like fun at all! But it's weird, once you get yourself out the door, it's almost always better than you thought it would be. I never regret going, but I often regret skipping a walk or a run in order to stay home.

Good for you for trying to get out there for a walk when you can--great idea.

(And I'm sorry, but I really do think it's easier for guys to lose weight--you can't really compare yourself to a guy because they build muscle and drop fat easier. It just ain't fair! So I wouldn't worry about how the bf is doing.)

Estellia said...

Thanks Crabby, that is some good advice.