Friday, September 19, 2008

Dentist

I went to the dentist yesterday for a cleaning and they discovered a cavity. Anyway, they were able to schedule me for the filling at 4 p.m. yesterday...so I went ahead and got the filling. This is a new dentist for me and I have not gotten a filling with them before. The filling was on the bottom so I was numbed and it was painless to get the cavity filled..but I was numb for 6 hours! They told me it would take 3 hours..but I think they lied. I did not eat dinner until 7, and then I could not taste it or chew it at all. They went a little overboard I think with the numbing. I guess the only good thing that came of it is that I did not dip into my extra points for the week at all yesterday. I guess I would rather enjoy eating then eat because my stomach is growling. I can't imagine ever wanting to eat if you had no taste buds. Something I have noticed is that I used to swallow my food pretty much without chewing it when I had more of a weight problem..now I savor every bite (and digest it better). Anyway, I am hungry again right now....guess it is time for some water.

No comments: