Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Crazy mind fight

I fought the thought to eat chocolate chip cookies that are still lurking around the house last night. I should of threw them away, but I am saving them for Wednesday to have one with my morning latte and to eat otherwise. If I have the points for them I want to eat them. I know I am crazy with sweets. I just can't make myself throw them away....even though I don't care about the money for them or being wasteful. I do want to conquer my need to eat all of a sweet I bring into the house. I did this pretty successfully with the candy bars I used to buy. But I decided I didn't need to eat one of those every night. Doing that did serve its purpose for me...it really did. It got me out of that "I can't eat that" thinking. Sometimes I think these tests I do are actually helping me overcome binging. Or maybe that is an excuse..but I used to eat the whole dozen at once when I bought them before. So I think I get some points for only eating half of the package in a couple of days.

But seriously...I really need to get back on track for next week. I have been kind of crazy lately with eating pizza and cookies. But I think everyone needs a break sometimes. It can start to feel depriving when you don't ever eat anything out. I think these breaks can sometimes help you get motivated again...and life is too short to not indulge here and there. It just doesn't really help me loose weight. I need to choose between losing or just maintaining. This is a crazy mind fight.

No comments: