Monday, April 7, 2008

Good post

Okay, so Saturday and Sunday were the nicest days we have had so far in Michigan. They were a bit breezy, sunny and warm enough to enjoy being outside. These nice days always get me thinking about ice cream shops. Now, I realize that ice cream hurts my stomach...but that didn't stop me yesterday.

I usually go grocery shopping with the bf, but I went on Sunday instead without him. I passed on ice cream the first shopping trip and came home. I then realized at about 5 p.m. that I didn't have shallots for the chicken I wanted to make...so I went back to the grocery store. What did I buy? Ice cream and not the light kind. I bought Edy's peanut butter cup. It has 3 points a half a cup. I made and ate a healthy dinner...then opened up the ice cream and had myself an eating bonanza of 1 1/2 cups of the stuff.

I waited about an hour after I ate all of that, then worked out for an hour. I guess I kind of felt a bit guilty for going over 9 points for the day...but I really wanted it. Not until I went to bed did I realize what it was about to do to my stomach. I woke up at 3 a.m. with really sharp, hot pains in my stomach. I could not sleep and felt horrible. My throat was sore too. Why don't I ever learn my lesson about ice cream? Why do I continue to put myself in such agony?

I really wanted it. I used to eat ice cream everyday. I rarely have it now. Can I give it up entirely? I don't think that will ever happen. All I can do is remember that awful feeling and remind myself before I go and feast on it. I don't think I am lactose intolerant...because I drink milk and eat cheese all the time and that doesn't bother me. So strange...but maybe it is a gift to keep me somewhat away from it.

Anyway, the scale has been up all weekend...so I am not sure if I am going to get a lose this week. I think I may be heading for a 28 pointer week next week. They seem to help me re-motivate myself.

I want to thank Roni for a great post, you should read it..it is about motivation to lose weight after you have lost some, but are not to your goal.

2 comments:

Roni said...

Thanks for the link! It's nice to know I'm not the only one with demons! LOL Althuogh instead of ice cream it was a bag of nacho chips for me.
Chin up, it's a new day tomorrow!

Estellia said...

Hi Roni, I have a co-worker with the same issues. We both fight to keep our weight down. I do notice that I turn to food quite often for just about every emotion. I wish scientists could figure out how to retrain the brain to not care about food. I guess weight might be an enigma. Have you seen Carnie Wilson?