Friday, April 11, 2008

Stomach hurts

My stomach really hurts today. I feel really full and bloated from just eating my morning cereal. This does not make me feel good and the food feels like it is coming up in my throat a bit. I keep thinking maybe I ate too much yesterday, but I really didn't. I worked out an hour and ate the 28 points + 4 for activity + 2 extra of my extra points. I guess I don't think that should make me feel like I binge ate all night long. I had to skip my morning latte because I feel so full. Perhaps I should enjoy it because most of the time I am hungry.

I had a discussion with the bf yesterday and he feels disappointed about the 2.4 pounds this week. I told him that I didn't think they were real because I didn't think I ate 6,800+ calories extra last week..but he seems to think that I shouldn't eat dessert every night. I like eating dessert. It is super hard to wean myself off of it, but I guess he is right. He eats yogurt and fruit for dessert and I really don't enjoy yogurt enough to do that. I will try to keep searching for a healthier dessert for me to have, but it is hard. What is better than a candy bar or skinny cow?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a dessert or snack that is simple to make if you like tea biscuits.
Easy Tea Biscuits

Points Value: 4
I think these pts were caldulated for Core.
Servings: 10
Ingredients

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 Tbsp sugar
* 1 Tbsp baking powder
* 1 tsp table salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup fat-free skim milk

Instructions

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut the cold butter (with pastry blender) into the flour mixture. Mix in almost one cup of milk with a fork. Shape into a circle on an ungreased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Cut into pieshape triangles or squares with a sharp knife. Bake at 400F for 15-18 minutes.
If you have these with jam it's less points than butter and peanut butter.
I will keep an eye out for another LF dessert.
Val

Estellia said...

Thanks Val!

Anonymous said...

Fudgicles (Frozen Fudge Pops)

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk-I used Low Fat
1/4 cup sugar-recipe calls for 1/2 cup
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups FF milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a heavy saucepan whisk together sweetened condensed milk, sugar and cocoa until smooth.
Stir the mixture over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer, continue stirring for 1 minute.
Very gradually, whisk in the milk, stirring to dissolve all the cocoa-sugar mixture.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour into individual popsicle molds or small paper cups.
Freeze until firm.
Enjoy!

Estellia said...

Hi Val, Thanks for another recipe. I love those...but how many points are they?