Thursday, April 10, 2008

I need to remind myself

I showed my home last night then went out to dinner with the bf and some friends. I noticed that I was feeling insecure. I was feeling insecure because I was looking around and noticing how thin other women seemed to be. This somehow made me feel like I was a giant compared to them. I know I am not that big, and I realized that I need to stop comparing myself to other people. I almost do it unconsciously.

When I got home I thought about it some more and really started to think about how I let other people affect me. I don't like that I compare myself to other women and I want to start trying to just accept myself and love myself...without telling myself I want to look like her or that girl on tv or that girl in the magazine. I want to look like me. I really do like the way I look. I really do like myself and I don't want to be anyone else.

It is so easy to get caught up with how other people are. I just don't want to care about this anymore and I want to get past it. It really doesn't matter and it isn't enriching my life in any way. I also am working on being less judgemental, I can't judge someone else's life only my own.

No comments: