Monday, April 28, 2008

I was offered a lunch out and I didn't take it

So the bf and I were seeing a movie on Saturday and he offered to take me out to lunch and I turned him down. Why? Well, I like eating at home and my stomach is always much better off as well. The pocket book doesn't suffer either. Truth is..I don't like or even think about eating a meal out. I like what we cook and look forward to that. We have also learned how to make all my favorite meals low fat.

I cannot really believe that I have gotten to this point. When I met the bf, all I wanted to do was go out to lunch and dinner and eat huge portions of fatty meals and desserts. This is as shocking to me as it is to anyone.

I am still on "so called" maintenance this week and the next and since I am somehow going down in the scale, will probably continue to do what I am doing. I probably will not go back to the 24 points thing unless I gain more than 5 pounds. 26 to 28 points work a lot better for me. I feel like I am cutting my calories way to low on 24 points and end up eating more anyway. It is after all a target.

My old WW leader told me that 1 point is around 50 calories. If you do the math..24 X 50 = 1200 calories. 26 X 50 = 1300 calories. Not much difference, and for the most part I need about 2500 calories a day to maintain my weight. In theory, I should be eating 26 to 28 points. Nutritionists tell you if you want to loose to try to eat 1500 calories a day. No wonder I went crazy on 24 points...my body was starving on that. I try not to torture myself to loose weight. It isn't worth it.

No comments: