Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What is up with the scale?

Okay, I somehow managed to gain 2.4 pounds this week. This is more than I have ever gained. I did gain 1 pound, 1 time...but never 2.4 pounds. So I am stumped by this happening and hope it goes away...fast. I know (because I journal honestly) that I did not eat the 6,800+ calories required to gain 2.4 pounds, so I don't plan on keeping this weight for very long. All I can say is that I accept that I gained weight and move on. I don't know what else to do? I just need to keep working out and I am doing 28 points this week. If I don't try to just maintain I will go insane. So as long as I need to I am just going to try to maintain.

It is always tempting to go crazy and not eat or cut my points to lose...but I honestly try to do the opposite of what I tell myself..because all those methods I tell myself have failed miserably time and time again. If it doesn't work I change it and I just keep trying to do different things. Torture is not ever a part of this.

This week has been a little tougher than I realized. I paid a large payment on my credit card and ended up overspending myself into my checking overdraft. I don't get paid until the 15th, so it is stressful not trying to spend. I still haven't sold my house and have all kinds of strange and stressful feelings about that all the time. This may be why I gained, I hear stress can do some things to your body. With all this, I never felt unusually stressed out, just more than the last week. It hasn't been unmanageable. I just keep trying and not let this weight gain devastate me. I can do it...I know I can.

No comments: