Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gentle Yoga

So last night I did a gentle yoga class. It was quite nice and meditative. I felt a bit out of place with much older people around, but I like the idea that yoga doesn't have to be a work out. I can use it for relaxation. My favorite thing about yoga has always been shavasana and my least favorite is down dog. Last night, there was no down dog in the gentle yoga class! Down dog bothers my cysts in my feet, and that is the reason I stopped doing it in the first place. I never thought to try the gentle yoga until now and the new class times are working for me. I think I will actually use all the yoga sessions my bf gave me after all. I really thought I wasn't going to be able to use them. I have to say I gave up on yoga because I thought it was too painful. I sometimes have the habit of doing that..giving up on something because it is too hard. I really want to work on that.

As far as my injury, my right calf muscle is still bothering me. The yoga class did nothing to help or harm it. I am still hoping to get a workout in on Wednesday. My plan is to do the gentle yoga class after work, then do some weights and resume cardio on Thursday. This is what I like about blogging, I can organize my thoughts and goals and write them down...plan. I would like to fit the gentle yoga into my schedule on Monday and Wednesday nights and do cardio and weights other times....perhaps in the morning again? We shall see.

No comments: