Monday, July 14, 2008

Recovering

Somehow I injured myself. I strained both of my calf muscles to the point that I could hardly walk or sleep. I called my doctor and was advised to stop exercising, ice, elevate...and let it heal. I don't think I was pushing myself to hard or anything, perhaps I just didn't stretch enough after my last workout. I have to say my calves have been sore pretty much for the last couple of months...I didn't really think anything of it, I just thought I was working the muscles. I think I could of had a slight strain before and not stretching enough made it worse.

I am taking the entire week off from exercising. I am not sure that trying to lose additional weight this week is a good thing, so I switched to maintenance points for this week also. I have to do what is best for me and not being able to exercise does throw a wrench in my plans. Oh well, not a big deal. We will see how I feel on Wednesday and go from there. I do feel much better today, but I still have some soreness left over. I think it is very important for me to let myself heal up..I am not a fan of injuries, exercise should make you feel great...not in pain!

No comments: