Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

I am back trying to loose, I have been posting about this the last couple of days. I really would like to prove to myself that I can get to my goal of 175 pounds. I have lost more than 10% of my body weight, which I think is great! I also tried to maintain that weight for 3 months. The 3 months prior to that I will still trying to loose but was unable to. I was in a plateau or my body was just not willing to go any lower at that time, so I decided to take the 3 month maintenance route. I started all of this in July of 2007, I have been at my "lifestyle change" for a year now! I hope next year is just as great.

I wouldn't mind going for another 10% of my body weight during this weight loss attempt, but I am first just going to see how losing the next 8 pounds goes. If I feel like it is still something I want to continue I will keep trying down to the next 10% or 165 pounds, my next goal. I have been at 165 before during my herbalife dieting days..and feel very comfortable with my body at this weight. I also will not be considered overweight in the BMI charts. I feel very good at the weight I am now to, but I really want to be normal in the BMI charts.

If any of you watch Discovery Health or Oprah you are familiar with Dr. Oz and Dr. Rozen. They have a television series on Discovery and have written many books entitled "You on a Diet", etc. They tell women when trying to lose weight to try to get you waist measurement under 35 inches. Mine is currently 31 inches, from 42...so I think I am doing well there. I also am a pear shape, which helps with the waist management. This "under 35" measurement puts less strain on your heart and makes you at lower risk for disease. All the information I have gotten really makes me sure that I am doing the right things and losing it slowly seems like a better solution for me. I was a yo yo dieter..and I don't want to have to lose this weight again.

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

You are so smart to take it slow and steady! Congrats on the 10% and getting your waistline down--both really great for your health.

Estellia said...

Thanks Crabby!